31 January 2016

Citron and Aqua Sampler Quilt


How did I let this stack of blocks languish in my sewing cabinet for so long (years)? I'm not sure what I was waiting for, but earlier this winter I pulled out blocks accumulated from a few rounds of the 3x6 and 4x5 quilting bees.


Measuring up around 48"x60" it's a nice lap size that I quilted in a double-line grid. I love how it will always be fun to look at all the different blocks!


For the first time, I used voile as a backing fabric, this one from Anna Maria Horner's Pretty Potent line a perfect match for the colors and feeling of the front.  


I also used a white binding to keep the quilt's look simple, since there's a lot going on with all those blocks. The voile backing, along with the relatively spaced-out quilting lines, make this quilt extra soft and snuggly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!