06 July 2015

Teal and Tan "Into the Wild" Baby Quilt


This recent finish is a smaller, baby version of Craft South's free Into the Wild Quilt pattern, measuring up at about 37"x48". 


I'm always on the lookout for fabrics that work for boys (without having cartoon trucks or ninjas on them).  This time, I put brown and tan tones into the mix, paired with blues and teals. 



I added a a bit of linen, which I think creates an interesting variety in textures without making the quilt too heavy.  For quilting, I stitched about 1 1/4 inches away from each horizontal seam line.  


The back is pieced from a few leftover fabrics--I just love that surprise green boat!-- as well as a larger piece of fun Lotta Jansdotter crosshatch. 


The binding is one of the tan prints I used in the quilt from Alison Glass.  I just got my paws on a stack of her sun prints, and can't believe I've sewn without them for so long!

I've also been machine-stitching my binding recently.  It's quick, and I'm curious to compare how it holds up over time, vs. hand-stitching, which I think looks a little bit better... 


I love the bold graphics of this pattern, and have added a full-size one to my to-make list!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!