31 January 2013

Triangles! Baby Quilt with Flannel

As I explained, I'm not done with these lovely fabrics yet. For this project, I chose four glowing lovelies and made a sweet little triangles quilt, measuring up at about 34x38 inches. 


For backing, I used some delightful AMH flannel from her Loulouthi line.


It is just.the.softest.



To keep it so soft, I kept the quilting pretty minimal, with single diagonal lines.


This light lemon "Migratory Lace" print was a last-minute add, and turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the quilt, and perhaps the most dynamic.


Working with triangles is only a bit harder than squares, and if you're not fussy about having perfect points every time, it is a fun and quick way to feature fabrics you love. I approached this one with a semi-reckless cut-and-go attitude, creating the triangles from a 6" strip of fabric by using the 60-degree lines on my ruler.


It's bound in a marigold solid, which looks so pretty against the gray background. 


This cute chubby stack of quilts also contains a preview the last one of a series I made using these fabrics... to be written up soon.

Again, no babies and limited storage mean this one's posted in the shop.

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks so soft and snuggly! Loving the yellow and gray together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love triangle quilts! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful - I can't tell you how much I love it. I have a lot of Field Study FQs and I'm still working out quite what to do with them as I really want to let the fabrics shine with probably no solid. This is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the triangles ~ it looks so soft and cuddly ~ just right for a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun and bright quilt! I love the triangles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your quilt! The grey makes the triangles pop and it's not fussy or overdone in style. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!